Friday, August 17, 2012

The tree is in the seed....

I got to meet my new students tonight.  It was so great to see them, I can't wait to get started! At the same time, my former students, now second graders were coming back one by one to visit me.  I couldn't believe how grown-up they looked.  The boys were taller, the girls were more mature... You know what I'm talking about, if you've ever taught more than 1 year in the same place.  I didn't realize how much I missed them, until they were there.  Now, it's on to a new group of kids with new personalities, strengths and weaknesses.

My last post I talked about Dr. Adolf Brown and his message to the teachers in my county.
I was just reminded of yet another bit of wisdom he imparted to us:
                         The tree is in the seed.

When you meet your students remember, they are a seed.  They need to be planted in good soil, tended, watered and nurtured everyday. 

Not all of the seeds are perfect.  They may not all look exactly the same, some need a bit more sunlight, others need to be left to themselves while others needs lots and lots of nutrients.  Whatever types of 'seeds' are in your classroom, remember you are the start for them.  What you do-makes a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!!!!Thanks for telling your tale....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AdSense