Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Apples and Monsters







 Apples, apples, apples.  We are officially having our apple taste test--or Apple Day on Friday.  However, our fridge at school was on the fritz, so I decided to have our basic Apple taste Test on Monday, before the apples went bad.
I used the Apple shape book from Kathryn Robinson's Just Write all year Long for first grade.
She has great science/writing integration ideas! We used our new method of writing and planning--Circle Map, Tree Map, Sentences.  They are really getting good at using multiple adjectives and connecting words. We read several books about apples this week, so we can emerge ourselves in apple words and vocabulary.  Can't wait for Apple Pie on Friday!  yummm :)
Here are 2 of my two new Monster Problems fro 1st and 2nd grade--Trying to increase the Rigor in my Room.  Check it out!





My New Teachers Notebook Shop       My Teachers Pay Teachers Store
Or Click the links to my store on the right hand side of the page.
Now that my work for today is done it's time to go have some fun. Today is the Jewish Holiday of Yom Kippur.  We have a day off, so I am spending the day with my kids. First a quick trip to the Dr. for my daughter, then off to the Children's Museum, to play in a life size Pirate Ship!!! Can't wait.  
Have  a great day everyone,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!!!!Thanks for telling your tale....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AdSense