Saturday, October 20, 2012

Base Ten Mat Freebie

It's a beautiful Fall Day here in S. Florida.  I just wanted to share one of my favorite math manipulatives.
I absolutely Love teaching with Base Ten Blocks.
I made some Mats and a practice page for students to use when working during lessons and Math centers.
When I teach with these tools, I tell my class that we are going to the Candy Shop.
We are going to count out how much candy we want to get.
The only thing is my Candy Shop sells candy in Flats, Longs or Cubes.
If you want to get the right amount of candy you have to make sure you know what each is worth.
I'd love to know if you can use these in your classroom and how you use Base 10 Blocks. 'd love to know if you found this link through TBA, please leave me a comment and let me know how these mats work in your classroom.

Freebie Fridays

Click the link to down load.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B1QNV2NyRAucemVMWFpSYUs0S1k


1 comment:

  1. I would like to use this but on a 8 1/2 x 14 paper. Is there a way to modify to fit this size?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!!!Thanks for telling your tale....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AdSense