Saturday, May 25, 2013

May Highlights/Shout Out linky and Memorial Day Weekend Sale

I just want to say, I am so sorry I have not been around in a while. I try to post at least 1 time a week, but who knew May could be so busy!  Honestly, my kids have been keeping me as busy at home as I am at school. My daughter's Birthday was at the end of April and my son's Birthday is the beginning of June. We decided to take them to Disney last weekend to celebrate their birthdays. Our hotel was amazing!!! who says you don't get perks as a teacher. The Gaylord Palms Resort and Convention Center in Kissimmee Florida has a teacher rate (depending on the dates you go). It is the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in. They have so much for the kids to do, that you don't even need to leave the hotel if you don't want to. 
We ate breakfast with the characters from Shrek.  It was worth it just to see the look on my kids faces! (but it does cost a pretty penny)
IMAG1734.jpg

IMAG1735.jpg 

IMAG1737.jpg 

Of course, 3 hours at the hotel water park was just not enough, so we also took them to Disney.
IMAG1759.jpg
This week my Daughter got her 3rd principals honor roll award (straight A's for third grade)



IMAG1763.jpg
I chaperoned her 3rd grade trip to SeaWorld!  yay Shamu!!! She got soaking wet!
IMAG1770.jpg
We are a Hot Mess in this picture, but we had a great day!!! We got home at 6:30, took showers, ate dinner and I absolutely passed out by 8:30. (I guess I'm not as young as I think I am)
IMAG1789.jpg
Then over last weekend, I sewed on some extra legs for my son's costume for our first grade play "Goin' Buggy". I wish I could post all the costumes, because the kids looked so stinkin' adorable and they performed great!!!
IMAG1792.jpg

                                                                                                                                                       I was really hoping to make some new things for Teachers Pay Teachers and Teacher's Notebook too, but that will just have to wait another 2 weeks for school to be done.  Up Next, I am joining this Shout Out Linky to share 2 great new products and blogs I've been loving lately. Link up with Growing Firsties (click the image to go to her page)

I do want to mention 2 great products I purchased at the last TpT sale. I know everyone probably did this right after the sale, but as you can tell I've been pretty busy.
I wanted to make something like this first item my self, but she did such a great job--there was no need. I purchased "Ready Made for 2nd Grade" from Lyndsey at A Year of Many Firsts. I have just finished putting all the packets together. I gave my students a peak at the coupons and they were like "Do these really work?" How cute!  I told them that if they complete their summer packet and bring it to me at Open House for next school year I will give them a prize.  She absolutely thought of everything!!
I also purchase an "Editable Teacher and Lesson Planner" from April at A Modern Teacher. She really thought of everything in this unit. I printed everything out and made myself 3 separate books, using our binding machine at school. 1 book for lesson plans, 1 book for a calendar planner and 1 for my gradebook.
I can't wait for next school year, so I can use them. They came out beautiful.
With only 2 weeks left I have to break out my End of the year Memory book and my Letter-to-myself activities. I added some new graphics to the memory book so I think it looks much better.






Every year, I have my students write themselves a letter saying what they think they will be when they grow up. I save the letters and mail them to the students when they are ready to graduate. Of course, some come back because kids move. But I love hearing from all my former students and their parents. I can't tell you how many emails I get from Mom's after their High school senior receives a letter from their self.  It is a very rewarding project and I just love doing it!  
Well that will be it for the weekend--I am having a sale, starting tomorrow Sunday May 26th-Tuesday May 28th for Memorial Day at my TpT store. So if you are not too busy eating hot dogs and burgers this weekend, head on over and do some shopping.

2 comments:

  1. I adore Lyndsey's pack! And, Modern Teacher rocks!!! Your trip looks fun!!!
    Thanks for linking up!!!
    Have you entered the Mystery Box Giveaway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessica, I found you through the linky party. It's so exciting to see another Florida teacher blog. Stop by my blog if you get a chance.
    Tammy
    Primary Paradise

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!!!Thanks for telling your tale....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AdSense