Monday, June 3, 2013

Count Down to Summertime!!!

Whoa! it's finally here!! The last week of school. I have had a great year.  I absolutely adore this group of firsties. I was very tempted to ask to go to 2nd grade with them. But, my heart belongs in first.

I tried something new this year. My good friend gave me the idea, and I am so glad I did it.
First I blew up 5 Balloons and wrote a special surprise on a note and placed them inside each balloon.

I read the note and got a loud chorus of cheers. Who knew taking off our shoes would be so much fun!
I was trying to get more sock action, but could only grab this cute pair.

Of course, I planned ahead and brought my slippers in with me for the day. (I have to say, I've never been more comfortable!)

We are also working on our End of the year Memory book and a great writing activity I've been doing for years.
The Mystery of Harris Burdick. It has gorgeous illustrations and is a great way to get your kids writing narratives and thinking creatively.
It is 14 illustrations with a title and first sentence. That's it! The rest is up to them. I love all the creative stories my classes have done over the year.  Every year I say I am going to mail them to Chris Van Allsburg. Who knows, maybe I will actually do it this year!!

Stay tuned for the rest of my countdown to summertime!


1 comment:

  1. I love everything by Chris Van Allsburg! Just read Jumangi to my class today and will try to fit in several other books over the next day and a half. Maybe I'll let my class wear their socks too. Hmmmm... Looks like you're having lots of fun!
    Chrissy
    First Grade Found Me

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!!!Thanks for telling your tale....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AdSense