Friday, September 4, 2015

Teacher Week: Favorite Subject



I'm Linking up with Blog Hoppin' to talk about my favorite subject to teach.
I think it would be more appropriate to say, the subject I feel I am the most creative is Math. I love using all manipulatives and a hands-on approach. In math, I feel like one of those teachers you see in the movies inspiring students to conquer the World! Lol! Ok, Maybe not conquer the world, but I definitely feel the most enthusiastic teaching Math.
It all started when I got my invitation for my informal observation. the first of its kind in our new Marzano evaluation guided system.
We were going to be starting our unit on Geometry and that's when Miss Poly Gon came to life: Free Intro. to Geometry Unit
Needless to say, I continued the lesson into a unit that would engage my students and help them learn all about 2D and 3D shapes. You can read about it here: Shape Zoo USA

  I mean who doesn't love gum drops?  This was something I did in grad school at Hofstra University back in 2000. It's a hit every time!
Then there's the number scroll! For all your early finishers, how high can you count? It just keeps going and going.....
 And this word? I did not know this word until I was already teaching and being trained by a math wizard. Now my first graders know it! Gosh, who doesn't love to teach math?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!!!!Thanks for telling your tale....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AdSense