Friday, October 12, 2012

Hispanic Heritage Celebration and Thanksgiving

It's finally cooling down her in S. Florida. This is exactly why I love living here. (I usually forget that when I am sweating in September) But today the weather is pretty close to perfect.
Another Perfect way to end my week was with celebrating the end of Hispanic Heritage Month with a Project Celebration.  My class was able to choose their own country and project. We had everything from Flags to Flan and Photo Albums to Maps.  Each child stood before the class, shared their project and what they knew about the country. We had many parents come into listen and share in the festivities following the presentations. 
Puerto Rico

Costa Rica

Peru

Spain-Flamenco Dancer
We had a great time learning about so many different cultures and countries.

In other news, I have finished a new Mega Writing Unit for Thanksgiving!
"Thanksgiving Comparisons 
{Integrated Writing and Social Studies Unit}
Aligned to Common Core Grades 1-4"
There is so much in here I could only fit about 1/2 of it into the preview. 83 pages packed with Graphic Organizers and Thanksgiving Writing Stationery.
Stop by TPT or TN and Check it out!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!!!!Thanks for telling your tale....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AdSense